My name is Kimberly.
I am writer, designer, and community builder.
I am the blogger behind Living in the Sweet Spot. My favorite things to write about are faith, family culture, and community.
My Online Story:
I started my blog in 2010 as a way to keep track of Aha moments as a parent that pointed me to the love and grace of God. As a stay at home mom with three kids under the age of 5, I was engrossed in what seemed like endless days for feeding, bathing, and diaper changing. It was hard to find time to write but I stuck with this blogging thing.
In 2012 I teamed up with writer and fellow blogger Elise Daly Parker to start Circles of Faith, a community blog of Christian women. We have learned the ins and outs of blogging, social media, marketing, and gathered a team of writers to share content that grows faith, enhances life, and builds community. In 2016 COF became the Slices of Life podcast.
Slices of Life aired it's last episode in October of 2017 and since them I have been collaborating with my husband on The Family Culture Project. Together we help others live a life of purpose with the ones they love and become the family they were meant to be!
Things I Love:
- My husband Carl. We've been married since 2000.
- My kiddos We have 3. Two girls and one boy.
- My Church Always. Only. Jesus.
- Sabbath Keeping - Finding rest in the Sabbath looks different for me than I imagined. For so long I kept myself busy and thought doing nothing sounded dreamy. I was wrong. Read more about it HERE.
- Design - With a background as an interior designer, I love all things design. Home design, graphic design, including event design.
- Reading - Follow me on Goodreads to see some of my favorites.
- Volunteering at my kid's school.
- Binge watching TV with my kids. So far we've devoured Doctor Who, Gortimer Gibbon's Life on Normal Street, and The Librarians. When the kids go to bed I enjoy Sherlock, Parks and Recreation, Mozart in the Jungle, and The Man in the High Castle.