My name is Kimberly. I am writer, designer, and community builder.
I am the blogger behind Living in the Sweet Spot. My favorite things to write about are faith, family mission and culture, intentional living, teaching kids about prayer and money, and practical ways to impact the next generation through the truth of God’s Word and relationship.
I am also the co-founder and managing editor of Circles of Faith Media, an online community of Christian women of all faith traditions and backgrounds brought together through the exchange of stories and articles, blogs, events, and ministry information. I am also a contributing writer at Faith Gateway and More to Be.
Over the past few years of blogging, I have unearthed a deep desire to empower families to creatively live a life of intention. I believe creativity comes out differently in each of us. I love to write, design, and organize. My husband creates order at work through calculations on spreadsheets. My kids… well, their list seems never ending.
My Online Story:
I started my blog in 2010 as a way to keep track of the lessons I was learning from my little ones. Aha moments that pointed me to the love and grace of God. As a stay at home mom with three kids under the age of 5, I was engrossed in what seemed like endless days for feeding, bathing, and diaper changing. It was hard to find time to write but I stuck with this blogging thing.
In 2012 I teamed up with writer and fellow blogger Elise Daly Parker to start Circles of Faith, a blog that fosters community among Christian women of all faith traditions and backgrounds through the exchange of stories, reviews, event, and ministry highlights. We really had no idea what we were doing and quickly realized that when we attended our first blogging conference just one month after we launched.
Since then we have learned the ins and outs of blogging, social media, and marketing. We gathered a team of writers and share content that grows faith, enhances life, and builds community. We've also have made amazing online connections with many turning into in-person relationships. Our roots have grown deep through our local events that gather Christian women here in New Jersey area. Coming in 2016 COF will be podcasting!
Things I Love:
- My husband Carl When we met, I lived in Atlanta and he lived in NYC. Five months later I moved to the Big Apple to be with him. We've been married since 2000.
- My kiddos We have 3. Two girls and one boy. My oldest almost a teenager! Where did the time go?
- My Church Always. Only. Jesus.
- Sabbath Keeping Finding rest in the Sabbath looks different for me than I imagined. For so long I kept myself busy and thought doing nothing sounded dreamy. I was wrong. Read more about it HERE.
- Design With a background as an interior designer, I love all things design. Home design, graphic design, including event design. (Fixer Upper anyone?)
- Reading Follow me on Goodreads to see some of my favorites.
- Running While chatting with a friend.
- Volunteering at my kid's school. I am the committee chair for the Trep$ entrepreneurship program. The course culminates with a Marketplace where the students sell their products and services. My husband helps me out as the Marketplace Coordinator.
- Binge watching TV with my kids. So far we've devoured Doctor Who, Gortimer Gibbon's Life on Normal Street, and The Librarians. When the kids go to bed I enjoy Sherlock, Parks and Recreation, Mozart in the Jungle, and The Man in the High Castle. (We are currently looking for new show suggestions!)
Join me on the journey!
Sign up for our weekly newsletter today to get resources, tips, encouragement, and exclusive content sent directly to your inbox.